The G3 Program is a tuition assistance program for any Virginia resident who qualifies for instate tuition and whose family income falls below an identified threshold. Eligible students may enroll in designated programs leading to jobs in high-demand fields. The G3 program goes into effect on July 1, 2021.
Any Virginia resident who:
- Qualifies for in-state tuition
- Has a total household income of less than or equal to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Is enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours in a Virginia community college
- Is enrolled in a designated G3 program
- Has applied for federal and/or state financial aid programs
1. Select your career path from the courses below.
2. Apply to MECC.
3. Fill out the FAFSA or FANTIC application.
4. Contact an advisor to plan classes and confirm financial aid.
5. Enroll in your first classes.
You do not have to apply for these funds separately – you will be identified based on the eligibility criteria and program of study and awarded funding automatically.