The Health Sciences Career Studies Certificate is designed for students preparing for admission through a selective/competitive process to a healthcare certificate or degree program. Although some courses are standard, each track will differ to some degree. Students are encouraged to work closely with their assigned advisor to prepare the strongest program application. The advisor will also assist students with the various individual program application processes.
At the successful completion of the program curriculum, students will:
- Earn credits that prepare them for entry into competitive admissions healthcare educational programs.
- Demonstrate understanding of the various options for healthcare careers that are available to pursue.
- Participate in laboratory experiences that increase their knowledge of the human body.
- Increase their skills in communicating verbally, in writing and using electronic methods.
- Participate in classroom activities that increase their understanding of providing care for individuals with acute, chronic, or life-threatening physical, psychological, and psychosocial health conditions.
For Further Information, Contact: