The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Career Studies Certificate is designed to provide the job skills necessary for employment aa an entry level HVAC service technician. Special emphasis is placed upon the installation and repairing of residential and commercial air conditioning units.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Follow industry safety practices.
- Apply the principles and strategies used for the installation of air condition systems, heat pump systems, electric furnace, fossil fuel furnace, and system controls.
- Apply the principles and strategies used to troubleshoot and service air condition systems, heat pump systems, electric furnaces, fossil fuel furnace, and system controls.
- Recognize components and design principles used in air distribution systems.
- Use mathematical skills to solve problems in electrical, heating, and air conditioning systems.
- Apply troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair the following: air distribution, heating systems, cooling systems, and system controls.
- Use tools and equipment required for repairing, testing, and installation of air conditioning systems, Refrigeration systems, heat pump systems, electric furnace, fossil fuel furnace, and system controls.
- Handle refrigerant by completing EPA Section 608 Type II Technician Certification.
The certificate in Air Conditioning and refrigeration is designed to prepare graduates for occupations such as Air Conditioning Service & Installation technicians.
For Further Information, Contact: