The Building Construction program is designed to provide the job skills necessary for employment as an entry level construction technician. This program is designed to be flexible and meet industry needs as they arise. This program is not offered continuously and admission is by permission only.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of safe working practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate and understand reading of blue prints and building design, and schematic.
- Apply basic construction math so solve problems.
- Gain an NCCER certification in Core curriculums.
- Gain the ability to Communicate and demonstrate good working practices with other workers.
- Apply technical construction skill particular to the concentration
Participants must be enrolled in a specific cohort with permission.
The certificate in Construction is designed to prepare graduates for occupations such as entry level construction trades.
For Further Information, Contact:
- Bryce Shular
- Nikki Scarberry
- Matt Rose, Dean of Industrial Technology