The Building Construction career studies program is designed to provide the job skills necessary for employment as an entry level construction technician. This program is designed to be flexible and meet industry needs as they arise. It is not offered continuously and admission is by permission only.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Follow industry safety practices
- Apply basic construction math to solve problems
- Read and interpret basic blueprints
- Use basic computer skills
- Apply technical construction skill particular to the concentration