The Software Development I Career Studies Certificate is designed to prepare students to enter the workforce as software developers who can create and test business-oriented software applications. The curriculum includes general and specialized computer courses focusing on programming and database applications. This certificate includes both classroom and lab instruction.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Write application software that makes efficient and secure use of operating system services.
- Analyze a problem and identify the appropriate data, hardware components, and/or software requirements to develop a feasible solution.
- Use current tools and practices that support the software documentation process.
- Document system requirements and/or develop materials for clients in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Students will work cooperatively and effectively in teams to accomplish a shared goal.
- Analyze local and global information technology (IT) trends, while recognizing the influences of IT on cultural, economic, ethical, and legal issues and responsibilities.
- Use logical and mathematical reasoning to analyze, organize, and interpret data.
Job opportunities in the immediate area and throughout the nation abound for students trained in computers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ website, employment of software developers is projected to grow 24% from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. Software developers will be needed to respond to an increased demand for computer software.
For Further Information, Contact: