Provide students with theory and laboratory experience required for employment in acute care, long-term care, and assisted living healthcare institutions. Prepare students to take the Virginia Board of Nursing Certified Nurse Aide exams. Provide employers with competent, entry-level CNAs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program can:
- Assist professional health care providers in assessing the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients.
- Communicate and relate interpersonally with patients and co-workers.
- Observe, chart, and report patient findings.
- Perform safety and infection control practices at all times.
- Competently perform all skills required by the Virginia Board of Nursing curriculum.
- Competently care for patients of various ages, with special emphasis on geriatric, home health, and long term facilities.
- Register to take the skills and written portion of the certification exam.
An academic advisor will review your preparation in Mathematics and English with you. You’ll be guided to appropriate preliminary coursework to give you the greatest chance of success in this program.
Applicants must pass a drug screen and criminal background check. Applicants must submit proof of required vaccinations and health screenings. Travel is required to clinical facilities. Eligibility for certification testing is determined by the Virginia Board of Nursing.
Opportunities for CNA’s include employment in hospitals, long term care facilities, assisted living facilities, home health agencies, private care, and physician and practice offices.
For Further Information, Contact: