Provide students with theory and laboratory experience required for employment in acute care, long-term care, and assisted living healthcare institutions. Prepare students to take the Virginia Board of Nursing Certified Nurse Aide exams. Provide employers with competent, entry-level CNAs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program can:
- Assist professional health care providers in assessing the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients.
- Communicate and relate interpersonally with patients and co-workers.
- Observe, chart, and report patient findings.
- Perform safety and infection control practices at all times.
- Competently perform all skills required by the Virginia Board of Nursing curriculum.
- Competently care for patients of various ages, with special emphasis on geriatric, home health, and long term facilities.
- Register to take the skills and written portion of the certification exam.
Applicants must pass a drug screen and criminal background check. Applicants must submit proof of required vaccinations and health screenings.
For Further Information, Contact: