The Electromechanical Technology Specialization of the Computerized Manufacturing Technology program trains students in various electrical, electronic, and mechanical components of systems and upon successful completion, awards the Associate of Applied Science Degree. Emphasis is on programmable logic controllers, motor controls, piping systems, valves, and related components, and process controllers. Computer skills and teamwork are also emphasized.
The electromechanical program will provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to assume employment as competent electromechanical technicians. The program was developed in cooperation with Eastman Chemical Company. After the first year of the program, students have the opportunity for a one-year internship with Eastman after which they will return to MECC to finish the AAS degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Practice industry recognized safety practices and guidelines, including the use of personal protective equipment in an industrial operating environment.
- Interpret drawings, schematics, and specifications for industrial equipment.
- Use precision measuring equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electromechanical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Modify, install, maintain, and program electronic and electromechanical systems.
- Modify, install, and maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Work as an effective member of a workgroup.
Companies need competent electromechanical technicians. The electromechanical program was designed to meet this increasing need. The skills developed in this program will prepare students for jobs in chemical processing, coal mining, power plants and manufacturing. Jobs are available as electromechanical technicians, quality assurance technicians, and maintenance technicians.
Students should have English and Mathematics skills assessed. Deficiencies in these areas may be corrected by completing the appropriate developmental studies courses.
For Further Information, Contact: