Assistance with MyMECC
I know my Username/VCCSID, but do not know my password
- Step 1: Click FORGOT Password
- Step 2: Enter Username/VCCSID
- Step 3: System will ask user to answer 3 of the 5 security questions which will allow the user to reset the password
- User will be locked out for 15 minutes if questions are answered incorrectly
- MECC Staff is not allowed to reset password once security questions are setup.
MyMECC Security Questions
Security Questions allows you to provide personal answers that can be used to verify your identity in case you forget your password.
The Security Answers should be the following:
- Easy for you to remember, type and spell.
- Answers that will never change.
- Single Words.
- Do not use questions with dates.
Good Security Questions Examples:
- What is your mother’s maiden name? Smith
- What is the middle name of my father? Larry
- What is the mascot of my Favorite College Basketball team? Tigers
- What is the name of my first dog? Rover
Difficult Security Questions Examples:
- What is my child’s birthday? May 20, 2001
- Where do I live? 1234 Main Street Lexington, KY
- My Friend is? Betty “Daisy” Mullins
- Favorite Car? 2018 Ford Red Mustang
Microsoft Office 365
Users will use their full VCCS email address as the username (example: email@example.com) and their MyMecc password 4to log into Office 365 site… office.vccs.edu. If the Office 365 login is not successful then please reset your MyMecc Password. Once the user resets his/her MyMecc password it will SYNC the password to work with the Office 365 Login.
The Technical Service Desk is available:
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
You may also call The Center for Computing & Information Technology at (276) 523-2400 ext. 244 or ext. 206.
Assistance with Canvas
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Email: Canvas Administrator
Statement of Compliance Concerning Password Resets of the MyMECC
According to FERPA standards §99.31 Identification and Authentication of Identity, a student requesting their username either by phone, chat, or other remote means must provide the answer to the security questions. If a student cannot provide the answer to their security questions, they must request their username in person, send a signed copy of their driver’s license or photo id by mail or fax, or have their username mailed to their home address that is on file in the SIS system.