The purpose of the Career Studies Certificate in Old Time Music is to allow students to expand or enhance their knowledge and performance skills in cultural heritage music and explore this field as a career option. This certificate is not intended for transfer.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Discuss and write about the culture and history of the central Appalachian region with more extensive knowledge on the heritage music.
- Perform proficiently on one instrument of their choice and have a beginning level of proficiency on a second instrument of their choice.
- Set up and operate the equipment for providing audio sound and recording as well as assist with the establishment and operation of a heritage music event.
- Teach heritage music to others in private and group lessons.
- Explore cultural heritage as a career option for music education and performance as well as event management.
- Assist with heritage festival and event planning and management.
- Perform heritage music.
- Teach private and group music lessons.
- Work in a music store.
For More Information, Contact: