The Administrative Support Technology major is designed to prepare individuals for positions in an office and/or to update skills of office workers. The program provides the knowledge and skills necessary for effective job performance in office administrative support positions. In addition, the program helps prepare individuals for MCAS (Microsoft Certified Application Specialist) and Certified Administrative Professional (CAP).
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Written Communications: Students will apply effective writing and formatting techniques to the composition of e-mail messages, interoffice memos, routine letters, goodwill messages, persuasive messages, negative messages, informal reports, proposals, and formal reports.
- Scientific Reasoning: Students will demonstrate proficiency in recording, analyzing, and reporting data using computerized tools and methods.
- Critical Thinking: Students will be able to select, analyze, interpret and evaluate a range of source materials.
- Quantitative Reasoning: Students will be able to explain information presented in graphs, diagrams, and tables.
- Information Literacy: Students will be able to recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and effectively use the needed information.
Administrative Support Technologists work in office support positions and perform a variety of office tasks. Employers seek workers who have excellent computer application skills, communication and interpersonal skills, decision making and critical thinking skills, and team-work skills. Job opportunities as executive secretary, administrative assistant, receptionist, word processing specialist, and office support technician are available locally, regionally, and nationally.
For Further Information, Contact: