Mountain Empire Community College is a comprehensive two-year college serving residents of Lee, Scott, Wise, and Dickenson Counties, and the City of Norton. MECC is one of twenty-three colleges in the Virginia Community College System and operates under policies established by the State Board for Community Colleges and the Local Advisory Board. The College is financed primarily with state funds, supplemented by contributions from the local jurisdictions.
Hours of Operation:
MECC campus offices are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Offices may experience schedule changes during peak periods and summer.
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wampler Library Hours
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.- 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
3441 Mountain Empire Road
Big Stone Gap, VA 24219
- Godwin Hall (Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, Business Office, Learning Center, Classrooms)
- Holton Hall (Student Services, Center for Student Outreach and Success, Cyber Education Center, Red Fox Grill)
- Dalton-Cantrell Hall (President’s Office, MECC Foundation, Industrial Technology Classrooms and Office)
- Robb Hall (Wampler Library, Health Science Classrooms and Office)
- Phillips-Taylor Hall (Goodloe Center, Business & Technology Suite, Academic & Student Services, Workforce Development, Computing & Information Technology Office, Community Relations Office)
- Goodloe Center
- Firing Range
- Tennis Courts
- Environmental Pond
- Maintenance Building
- A, B, D, E, & F Student Parking
C. Faculty/Staff Parking
H. Handicapped Parking
V. Visitor Parking