When it is necessary to change the college schedule due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, the announcement will be made by: text message, e-mail, and radio and television stations. Sign up for text alerts to receive announcements of schedule changes. Announcements will only be made if the College is closed or is operating on a delayed schedule. No announcement means that the College is operating on a regular schedule.
|Announcement States:||Statement Means:|
|“Snow Schedule”||Online classes will be held as normal with no schedule changes. In-person classes begin at 10 a.m. Employees report at 9:30 a.m. if working on campus. Employees teleworking will work as scheduled.|
|“College is Closed”||Online classes will be held as normal with no schedule changes. In-person day and evening classes and all services are cancelled. Employees teleworking will work as scheduled.|
|“Day and Evening Classes are Cancelled”||Online classes will be held as normal with no schedule changes. In-person classes will be cancelled. Employees teleworking will work as scheduled. College is open for all other services by non-teleworking employees.|
MECC Inclement Weather Schedule for In-Person Classes
* Evening lab classes, with a start time of 1:00 p.m. will also begin at 1:45 p.m. per the schedule above.
Schedule of In-Person Classes when operating on a Snow Schedule:
- 8:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. classes meet 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- 9:40 a.m. – 10:55 a.m. classes meet 11:05 a.m.- 12:05 p.m.
- 11:05 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. classes meet 12:10 p.m. – 1:10 p.m.
- 12:20 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. Activity Period meets 1:10 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
- 12:50 p.m. – 2:05 p.m. classes meet at 1:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. classes meet 2:50 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.
- 3:40 p.m. – 4:55 p.m. classes meet 3:55 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.
- 5 p.m. classes meet as normal
Schedule of In-Person exams when operating on a Snow Schedule:
- Exams scheduled at 8:15 a.m., will begin at 10 a.m.
- Exams scheduled at 11:05 a.m. will begin at 12:10 p.m.
- Exams scheduled at 2:15 p.m.exam will begin at 2:50 p.m.
- Evening exams will be held as regularly scheduled.