MECC’s Veterans Affairs Officer, Lena Grace coordinates all veterans’ educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for the College.
The office is located on the MECC campus on the first floor of Robb Hall, Room 106. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and can be reached by phone at 276-523-9028 or by email at email@example.com.
The VA requires all students to be enrolled in an official curriculum leading to a certificate or degree in order to receive benefits. You must contact your VA certifying official each semester to complete the necessary forms to establish and maintain your eligibility for benefits.
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.
Enrollment Services/Veterans Affairs
Know Before You Owe
Students and their families can compare the following across multiple financial aid offers by visiting, Know Before You Owe.
GI Bills & Programs
For more information about GI Bills & Programs that are available to qualifying students, visit GI Bills & Programs
Receiving Your Benefits & Payments
For more information about receiving your benefits and payment deadlines, visit Receiving Your Benefits & Payments
The Veterans affairs office is located on the MECC campus on the first floor of Robb Hall, Room 106. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and can be reached by phone at 276-523-9028. For more information, visit Veterans Benefits
Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits Form
JST Transcript Release Form
MECC Student Veterans of America
To join MECC Student Veterans of America, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Responsibilities of Veteran Students
- Register only for courses that are required for completion of your selected degree/certificate program.
- Submit the Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits form to your VA certifying official each term you enroll.
- Priority deadline for Summer is April 20th, Fall is July 1st & Spring is December 1st: After this date, you should expect your Ch. 33 book stipend to arrive after classes have begun. In addition, due to changes the VA is making to the certification process, there is an increased chance of payment delays for all benefits. Please plan accordingly.
- Notify your VA certifying official of any changes in your schedule, degree program and /or address.
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward your chosen degree program.