RE-EMPLOYING VIRGINIANS (REV)
Mountain Empire Community College students and future students who are interested or are currently enrolled in high demand fields and have been impacted by COVID-19 may be eligible for federal RE-Employing Virginia funding.
Through its Re-Employing Virginians (REV) campaign, the Governor’s office is giving Virginia’s Community Colleges funds to help students cover the costs of tuition and fees in fields that will lead to careers in their community.
REV funding is available to qualified applicants interested in pursuing training or classes in specified career pathways such as:
- Health Sciences
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing Technology
- Public Safety Programs
- Early Childhood Development
- Skilled Trades
If you choose to do short-term workforce training, you’ll receive up to a $1,500 voucher applied to your student account.
If you choose to pursue classes towards a career studies certificate or an associate degree, you’ll receive up to $1,500 for part-time or up to $3,000 for full-time – both applied directly to your student account.
This is a one-time funding effort to help Virginians recover from job loss or underemployment due to COVID-19. To take advantage of this funding, students must be enrolled in an approved program on or before December 30, 2021.
In order to be eligible for a training voucher, an applicant must certify that they are:
- A Virginian who lost his/her job due to COVID-19 and received state unemployment benefits on or after August 1, 2020, or
- A Virginian who lost a full-time job because COVID-19 caused his/her place of employment to close or reduce staffing, and who is now working in a part-time job that pays less than $15 per hour. (Individuals who resigned from full-time employment to care for sick relatives or stay home with school-age children are not eligible for these training vouchers but may be eligible for other financial assistance.)
DACA students and dual enrolled students are not eligible for REV Training Vouchers.
If you’d like to learn more about eligibility, read through our frequently asked questions. While REV funding may be only available for tuition and fees, there may be other funding available to pay for additional expenses.
If you meet the requirements above, then you’re on your way to getting your next semester or career training paid for. To take advantage of this one-time-only opportunity, follow these three steps.
- Fill out and submit the form below to certify that you’re eligible to receive an REV voucher.
- Plan your courses:
- If you are enrolled, you will receive notification when your enrollment has been verified and your REV training voucher is processed.
- To view a full list of MECC certificate and degree programs, visit www.mecc.edu/pathways.
- To view a list of short-term training programs, visit www.mecc.edu/workforce.
- If you are not enrolled, a College advisor will connect with you to help you with the enrollment process.
- Enroll by Dec. 30, 2021
For any other questions please contact an MECC Advisor at 276-523-6434 or the MECC Workforce Solutions Office at 276-523-2400, Ext. 640211.
Note: You must have applied to MECC before you can apply for the REV funds.