PRINT OUT FOR YOUR RECORDS AND REFERENCE
Please be getting these items ready:
- Update and maintain contact information in SIS.
- Make sure your cell phone voice mail is set up and your voice mail box emptied.
- Check your MECC student email at least daily.
- Email the program director, Ms. Lena Whisenhunt, email@example.com for assistance in advising and preparing a plan to complete all courses needed for the Practical Nursing program.
- Ensure your FAFSA is submitted and that all financial aid processes are completed in a timely manner. This includes Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) forms, if needed. All questions regarding your financial aid status should be addressed to FA@mecc.edu.
- Please use this link to apply for scholarships (as available): https://www.mecc.edu/students/paying-for-college/scholarships/.
- Please collect immunization records documenting vaccinations for:
- annual seasonal flu
- PPD (TB test) 2 separate tests a minimum of 2 weeks apart or if past positive test, Chest X-ray
- Two MMR or positive titer results
- Two Varicella or positive titer results
- Tetanus within last 10 years
- Completed Hepatitis B sequence (either the 2 or 3 vaccine series option) or positive titer results
- Two Hepatitis A or positive titer results
- Make an appointment for a physical examination. Physical forms for the PN program are included in the online orientation materials. Hard copy forms are also located in the Health Sciences Suite in Phillips-Taylor Hall. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for an electronic copy of the Practical Nursing physical form. Physicals and immunization records must be completed prior to program orientation.
- You will receive an acceptance or declination phone call and email from the Program Director approximately two weeks prior to the start date of classes. If you do not hear from us within this time frame, please email email@example.com or call the Enrollment Services Office at 276-523-2400. Once you receive the phone call or email from Ms. Whisenhunt, you will be emailed an electronic acceptance/declination letter. Please complete and sign this document indicating your decision to accept/decline the seat offer as soon as possible.
- The Practical Nursing program orientation will be completed online through Canvas. After receipt of your acceptance/declination letter, you will receive an email invitation to complete the online program orientation. This is mandatory and all areas/materials must be completed within five (5) days of receipt of invitation. The last step of orientation will be an on campus, in person advising session. During this session you will enroll in your classes, establish your Castlebranch account (cost $175.00) and your ATI account (cost $550.00)
Tentative expense list for Practical Nursing program:
EXPENSE LIST BY SEMESTER
(books/uniforms/lab equipment may be purchased through MECC bookstore)
Listed in program handbook (provided to you at program orientation)
ATI review materials ($550.00)
2-navy blue scrub tops ($28.00 each)
2-navy blue pant ($28.00 each)
1-white scrub jacket ($30.00)
Shoes/socks/hose (various pricing)
Various supplies (watch, BP cuff, stethoscope, etc. various pricing)
Program emblem (x3) ($15.00)
Lab Equipment: ($200.00)
Physical Exam and Immunizations: (up to $250.00)
Background check/drug testing: ($170.00)
Listed in program handbook
Listed in program handbook
NCLEX Live Review ($300.00)
Graduation Pin: silver ($35.00)
NCLEX testing fees: ($415.00)
This list is subject to change.
We look forward to having you join us and take this next step towards your career goals. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the emails below or calling 276-523-7456.
Lena L Whisenhunt