The Solar Installer I program is designed to help students gain an understand of how grid-tie solar systems work and become entry-level installers.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of safe working practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate and understand installation of solar equipment.
- Demonstrate and understand troubleshooting techniques.
- Gain knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Gain an NCCER certification in Electrical and Core curriculums.
- Gain the ability to communicate and demonstrate good working practices with other workers.
- Demonstrate common wiring methods of residential standards.
This certificate is designed to provide entry level opportunities in the solar industry.