The Associate of Arts & Sciences degree programs are designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a baccalaureate degree program. The courses in this program are specifically selected for ease of transfer to most four-year colleges and universities. Following the prescribed coursework in this program will result in graduation with the Associate of Arts & Science degree (AA&S). Students should consult with their advisors to ensure that they select general electives that best prepare them for the specific requirements of their intended transfer college or university programs of study. This degree plan is closely aligned to local universities and colleges. Please see your advisor for specific guidelines.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Civic Engagement: Demonstrate the knowledge and civic values necessary to become informed and contributing participants in a democratic society.
- Critical Thinking: Locate, evaluate, interpret, and combine information to reach well-reasoned conclusions or solutions.
- Professional Readiness: Demonstrate skills important for successful transition into the workplace and/or pursuit of further education.
- Quantitative Literacy: Calculate, interpret, and use numerical and quantitative information in a variety of settings.
- Scientific Literacy: Recognize and know how to use the scientific method, and to evaluate empirical information.
- Written Communication: Express themselves effectively in a variety of written forms.
- Science problem solving: Demonstrate proficiency in collecting reliable data and in analyzing, interpreting, and drawing conclusions from data
Students must meet the requirements for admission established by the college. Depending on specific circumstances, students may need to complete developmental coursework as they begin this course of study. Students are encouraged to check the mathematics requirements of the four-year college or university to which they plan to transfer to determine the appropriate courses to be taken at MECC, as well as to determine the transferability of electives. MECC strongly recommends consulting with an academic advisor at the college in planning their program and selecting courses.
For More Information, Contact: