The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Management prepares students for employment in entry-level management positions. Business managers are essential to all organizations. Managers plan, organize, lead, and control activities to effectively and efficiently accomplish organizational goals. The successful manager has excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrates team-building and leadership abilities; exercises initiative, self-discipline, and good judgment; and possesses basic computer skills. The curriculum consists of courses in business management, computer applications, marketing, and general education.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Explain the major concepts in the functional areas of accounting, marketing, finance, and management.
- Evaluate the legal, social, and economic environments of business.
- Describe the global environment of business.
- Describe and explain the ethical obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply decision-support tools to business decision-making.
- Construct and present effective oral and written forms of professional communication.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
- Use management processes in an applied organization or business situation to manage people, processes, and resources within a diverse organization.
- Apply knowledge of key marketing concepts in an integrated manner to analyze marketing decisions in a dynamic business environment.
Students should have English and Mathematics skills assessed. Deficiencies in these areas may be corrected by completing the appropriate developmental studies courses.
The Management major is designed for students who seek employment in business or who wish to operate their own business upon completion of the program. Salaries of managers vary depending on the level of responsibility, length of service, and the size of the business.
For Further Information, Contact: