Classes offered in the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) program will provide a hands-on approach to education that will prepare you to work with GIS in the field. The program will prepare you to address advanced topics in problem solving, decision-making, modeling, programming, and data management, using 2D and 3D data.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Comprehend fundamental concepts and practices of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Demonstrate organizational skills in file and database management.
- Give examples of interdisciplinary applications of Geospatial Information Science and Technology.
- Apply GIS analysis to address geospatial problems and/or research questions.
- Manipulate data for the purpose of analysis, presentation, and decision-making.
- Recognize, gather, and process data for GIS
- Display, create and analyze 2D and 3D spatial GIS data.
Successful completion of the career studies certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) will prepare you for employment in areas GIS including: GIS Technician, Civil and Municipal Planning, Cartographic Design, GIS Analysis, and Computer modeling.
For Further Information, Contact: