Graduates of the Energy Technology HVAC Emphasis Career Studies program are trained in the job skills necessary for employment as an entry level HVAC technician in both commercial and residential fields. These fields include leading edge technologies such as geothermal, and solar thermal systems. Graduates will find employment in various industries and service sectors as HVAC technicians.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of safe working practices and procedures
- Demonstrate and understand reading of blue prints and building design, and schematic
- Demonstrate and understand the installation of HVAC units for both residential and commercial, Loads and calculations
- Demonstrate and understand troubleshooting technique
- Gain an NCCER certification in Electrical and start the HVAC NCCER
- Gain the ability to Communicate and demonstrate good working practices with other workers
Students may receive college credit for verified on-the-job experience.
Graduates will find employment in various industries and service sectors as HVAC technicians.
For Further Information, Contact:
- Bryce Shular
- Jerry Ramey
- Vicki Rutledge
- Matt Rose, Dean of Industrial Technology