The purpose of the Career Studies in Energy Technology – HVAC emphasis is to help student obtain gainful employment.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of safe working practices and procedures
- Demonstrate and understand reading of blue prints and building design, and schematic
- Demonstrate and understand the installation of HVAC units for both residential and commercial, Loads and calculations
- Demonstrate and understand troubleshooting technique
- Gain an NCCER certification in Electrical and start the HVAC NCCER
- Gain the ability to Communicate and demonstrate good working practices with other workers
Students are required to take English and mathematics placement tests. Deficiencies in these areas may be corrected by completing the appropriate developmental studies courses. Students may receive college credit for verified on-the-job experience.
For Further Information, Contact: