This program is designed to provide basic skills to qualify graduates for entry level jobs as chemical operators.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Practice industry recognized safety practices and guidelines, including the use of personal protective equipment in an industrial operating environment.
- Use precision measuring equipment.
- Operate and Troubleshoot electromechanical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Compute, analyze, and communicate quantitative data using mathematical and logical methods to solve problems
- Demonstrate understanding of scientific concepts, theories, and basic scientific reasoning.
A chemical laboratory technician holds a general scientific position whose tasks vary greatly by organization type; this position is typically found at organizations that conduct scientific research or testing. Chemical laboratory technicians typically are responsible for the day-to-day operations performed by the company. Technicians may perform chemical tests on products and compounds, analyze compounds and chemicals for a variety of qualities and concentrations of substances, and maintain quality across all products. In addition to these tasks, most chemical laboratory technician must perform a variety of housekeeping tasks for their laboratory, ensuring that all facilities and instruments are clean and that any hazardous substances have been removed from the premises.
For Further Information, Contact: