This program is designed to provide basic skills to qualify graduates for entry level jobs as bioprocessing operators.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Practice industry recognized safety practices and guidelines, including the use of personal protective equipment in an industrial operating environment.
- Use precision measuring equipment.
- Operate and Troubleshoot electromechanical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Compute, analyze, and communicate quantitative data using mathematical and logical methods to solve problems.
- Demonstrate understanding of scientific concepts, theories, and basic scientific reasoning.
The Bioprocessing Operator certificate provides an opportunity for student to learn the necessary skills to help manage production at a biotechnology facility. Students will learn the technical skills necessary as well as understanding the processes that are taking place.
This two semester program is a co-op that allows students enrolled in the program to apply what they are learning in the classroom in a hands-on, paid training internship.