- Diploma or GED
- Overall GPA 2.5 or higher (use high school if no college work completed)
- Placement scores indicate readiness for ENG 111
- Placement scores indicating taking or testing out of MDE 10
- Submit an online application for the Dental Assistant Program. The deadline to submit a program application for the summer cohort is April 15th.
Dental Assistant Scoring Matrix
During orientation all students must successfully complete a criminal/sexual background check, a drug screening, and an immunization tracker, detailed requirements are listed below:
- Proof & record of three Hepatitis B vaccinations OR proof of immunity by titer OR proof that a current series of three is in progress and on time.
- Proof and record of two Hepatitis A vaccinations OR proof of immunity by titer OR proof of the first in the series being received within the past six months
- Proof and record of two MMR vaccines OR proof of immunity by titer
- Proof and record of negative TB test (two-step)
- Proof and record of seasonal flu shot
- Proof and record of current health insurance coverage
- Proof and record of two varicella vaccinations OR proof of immunity by titer
- Proof and record of DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) vaccinations OR proof of immunity by titer
- Copy of current BLS for Healthcare Provider (CPR) certification card, back and front (certification must be current and maintained until the completion of the program)
- Criminal and sexual background checks will be performed at the beginning of DNA 103
- Drug testing will be performed at the beginning of DNA 103
Mountain Empire Community College (MECC) is an open entry institution. Its mission is to provide quality higher education and workforce training programs and services that are financially and geographically accessible and meet individual, business, and community needs. The following pathways exist: Allied Health, Arts & Music, Business, College Transfer, Construction, Education, Engineering, Environmental, Health Sciences, Manufacturing, Public Safety, and Technology.
MECC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment and education opportunity. No person shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices, or access to and participation in, programs, services, and activities with regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or membership or activity in a local commission as defined by law.
Harassment of an individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, or membership or activity in a local commission has no place in a learning or work environment and is prohibited. Sexual violence has no place in a learning or work environment. Further, MECC shall work to eliminate violence in all its forms. Physical contact by designated system, college, and university staff members may be appropriate if necessary to avoid physical harm to persons or property.
Lack of English skills will not be a barrier to admission or participation. In order to eliminate barriers, we take appropriate measures to assess each student’s ability to participate and benefit through placement testing and counseling. Based on the assessment and counseling, students are then provided with campus services or a referral to community services to be better prepared for successful participation.
- Title IX Coordinator – Ron Vicars, Room 136, Godwin Hall, 276-523-7478
- Title IX Deputy Coordinator (Students) – Lelia Bradshaw, Room 133, Holton Hall, 276-523-9107
- Title IX Deputy Coordinator (Employees) – Val Lee, Room 138, Godwin Hall, 276-523-9079
- Disabilities Coordinator – Dale Lee, Room 131, Holton Hall, 276-523-9108
This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.