Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits

Office of Veterans Affairs Phone: 276-523-9028 Fax: 276-523-9699



Have you used your VA educational benefits before?(Required)
Within the last year?
If first time use of VA educational benefits, provide Certificate of Eligibility or complete form 1990 or 5490 and then print, sign and return the form to enrollment services. If you have received VA educational benefits while attending another school, complete form 1995 or 5495 and then print, sign and return the form to enrollment services.(Required)
Program of Study(Required)
**If attending another college, that school’s certifying official must provide a parent school letter listing approved courses each semester
Is this a change of Program of Study since you last received VA benefits?*
If Yes: Complete form 1995 or 5495 and provide a copy of your transcript to the Registrar’s Office. Students are ineligible for VA benefits if credits from prior training are not reported within 2 semesters.
Current Semester(Required)

Current Semester (List of Classes)

Tuition Payment

Click here for a fillable/printable .pdf version of the Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits form.

Students and their families can compare the following across multiple financial aid offers by visiting, Know Before You Owe.

For more information about GI Bills & Programs that are available to qualifying students, visit GI Bills & Programs

For more information about receiving your benefits and payment deadlines, visit Receiving Your Benefits & Payments

The Veterans affairs office is located on the MECC campus on the first floor of Robb Hall, Room 106. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and can be reached by phone at 276-523-9028. For more information, visit Veterans Benefits

To join MECC Student Veterans of America, contact lgrace@mecc.edu.

Like us on Facebook at MECC Student Veterans of America

Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.