Mountain Empire Community College Academic Advising engages, challenges, and supports a diverse student population to assist students in achieving their education and career goals.
How do I connect with an advisor?
You can make contact with your assigned advisor to schedule an appointment, complete the form below to connect with an advisor, or email email@example.com with general advising questions.
Why should I build a relationship with an advisor?
An advisor can provide answers to your questions, offer direction and suggestions on courses, and be available to walk with your through your educational journey.
When should I schedule an appointment with an advisor?
Schedule an appointment with your advisor to build course schedules, discuss questions or concerns you have, and communicate regarding your next steps.
What is MyMECC?
A web portal that allows students to access Canvas, the Student Information System, student e-mail, library services, and other student resources from one location using one login.
How do I Login / Reset Password ?
How do I find my assigned advisor contact information?
To find your advisor’s name and phone number, login to MyMECC, Click on SIS, Click on My Information. Your assigned advisor’s information will be in the lower right hand corner.
How to view my financial aid ?
- To view financial aid information, login to MyMECC, click on SIS, Click on My Information, “View Financial Aid” will be displayed midway down the page. Click on “View Financial Aid’ this will show the grants/scholarships you are awarded for.
- If you see any items listed in “To Do” list on the right hand side, you will need to take care of those before your information will be loaded in “View My Financial Aid”.
- For specific questions regarding your financial aid, you can email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org; be sure to include your student ID Number.
How to I find my Degree Progress Report?
- The Degree Progress Report is a list of the courses needed to complete the program(s) you have declared. The report will show a list of courses needed to meet the requirements as well as the course(s) that will satisfy the requirement.
- You can find the report by logging into MyMECC, Click on SIS, Click on My Information, “My Academic Requirements”.
How to view my grades?
You can view your grades by logging in to MyMECC, Click on SIS, Click on My Information, click on “View Unofficial Transcript”, View “Unofficial Transcript” your grades will be displayed by semester.
|Admissions & Records
Processes Enrollment Requests, Information Change Forms, Official Transcript Requests
To ask a basic advising question or to seek guidance from a general advisor
Sells textbook and course information. Provides Photo Student ID Cards, and issues Parking Permits
Accepts Tuition Payments
|Computing & Information Technology
MECC’s IT staff are here to help with any issues students may have.
Provides accommodations for students with documented disabilities
Offers assistance filing FAFSAs, accepts documents needed to complete Financial Aid file, and processes SAP forms
A first year orientation experience program to introduce first time students to the resources available and programs utilized as a MECC Student
|HS Dual Enrollment
High School Students enrolling in dual credit courses
MECC Testing Center proctors exams on a scheduled basis. You can complete registration forms for an academic or TEAS test on the website: www.mecc.edu/testing.
|Student Outreach and Success
Offers a variety of services to students in the Success Coach Program. The program is open to all students. For more information on services offered or to become part of the program email today!
Offers a variety of services to students including Disability Services, Food Pantry, Great Expectations, Locker Reservations, Single Stop, Transfer, Unexpected Emergency Assistance, and more. If you have any questions, reach out to the Student Services office for assistance.
If you would like to schedule an advising appointment, please complete the below form and an advisor will contact you soon.