NOTE: If you reset your phone or purchase a new one, you must submit a request for your MFA to be reset. To submit an MFA request, visit www.mecc.edu/my-mecc-assistant.
Step 1: Download The FREE Microsoft Authenticator On Your Smart Phone.
In either the Apple App Store or the Google play store search for “Microsoft Authenticator”
Note: If you do not have a smartphone, Visit www.mecc.edu/technology-assistance to submit a helpdesk ticket. A technician will contact you with an alternate method of MFA.
Step 3: Add MyMECC account to Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator on your smart phone.
- Apple users, click on “+”; Android users, click on “…” to start adding account.
- Select “Work or School” account.
- Next select “Scan QR Code”
- Finish accounting the account by scanning the QR code on your computer.
Step 4: Final Step
- Enter the 6 digit number without a space from the app, in the box to complete the MFA process.
How does Multifactor Authentication (MFA) work?
Time-Based One Time Password
Time Based One Time Password (TOTP) is a one time password that is only useable for 30-60 seconds. This can be done using a smartphone app. VCCS policy states that students logging into MyMECC must configure MFA to verify your identity during the login process.