When it is necessary to change the college schedule due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, the announcement will be made by: text message, e-mail, and radio and television stations. A recorded announcement of the schedule change will also be available by calling 276.523.7495. Sign up for text alerts to receive announcements of schedule changes. Announcements will only be made if the College is closed or is operating on a delayed schedule. No announcement means that the College is operating on a regular schedule.
|Announcement States:||Statement Means:|
|“Snow Schedule”||Classes begin at 10 a.m. Employees report at 9:30 a.m.|
|“College is Closed”||Day and evening classes and all services are cancelled.|
|“Day and Evening Classes are Cancelled”||College is open for all other services.|
MECC Inclement Weather Schedule
* Evening lab classes, with a start time of 1:00 p.m. will also begin at 1:45 p.m. per the schedule above.
Schedule of Classes when operating on a Snow Schedule:
- 8:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. classes meet 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- 9:40 a.m. – 10:55 a.m. classes meet 11:05 a.m.- 12:05 p.m.
- 11:05 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. classes meet 12:10 p.m. – 1:10 p.m.
- 12:20 p.m. to 12:50 p.m. Activity Period meets 1:10 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
- 12:50 p.m. – 2:05 p.m. classes meet at 1:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. classes meet 2:50 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.
- 3:40 p.m. – 4:55 p.m. classes meet 3:55 p.m. – 4:55 p.m.
- 5 p.m. classes meet as normal