MECC to Offer Super Saturday – Free Financial Aid Workshop
Big Stone Gap, VA – Mountain Empire Community College will offer a free financial aid workshop on Saturday, February 1, for high school, college, and adult students who plan to attend college during the 2014-2015 academic year.
MECC’s Super FAFSA Saturday event will feature free, professional, one-on-one assistance completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Godwin Hall, first floor, Room GII8.
Any student, including those who do not plan to attend MECC next year, is welcome to attend, as well as their parent(s).
Participants should plan to bring the following items to the event:
• U.S. Department of Education Personal Identification Number (PIN) for you and your parent. Save time and apply for a PIN in advance at www.pin.edu.gov. You may also get one in real-time when you fill out the online FAFSA.
• Social Security numbers for you and your parents/spouse
• Driver’s license (if available)
• 2013 federal income records, including income tax return and W-2 forms (if 2013 are not available, you can your most recent return to begin the process)
• Family’s current bank statements, business, investment, and mortgage information including: business and farm records; stock, bond and other investment records
• Alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
For more information on Super FAFSA Saturday, contact Willie Harris, (276) 523-2400, ext. 321 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.