MOUNTAIN EMPIRE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Mountain Empire Community College, one of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s 23 comprehensive community colleges, serves the counties of Dickenson, Lee, Scott, Wise, and the City of Norton. It is located approximately 40 miles from Kingsport, TN, and enrolls over 4,300 students in credit courses (approximately 1,900 full-time equivalent) and over 2,300 students in non-credit courses.
Adjunct Math Instructors Position # A0192
Mountain Empire Community College invites applications for adjunct instructors to teach classes in transfer Mathematics courses.
Adjunct faculty teaching is limited to a maximum of seven-credit hours in the summer semester, ten-credit hours in the fall semester, and ten-credit hours in the spring semester. These limits are for total number of credit hours taught in the Virginia’s Community Colleges (VCCS). Additional restrictions may apply depending upon other positions occupied within VCCS.
• Master’s degree in Mathematics or Master’s with 18 graduate hours in Mathematics
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Teaching experience in college-level courses, especially in distance delivery
• Coursework in writing and/or writing instruction
• Familiarity with Blackboard
• Demonstrated ability to incorporate technology routinely into instructional and faculty responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to use multiple teaching strategies
Salary and rank commensurate with academic preparation and work experience of the applicant and is determined according to the VCCS Adjunct Pay Schedule.
For further information, please contact the Dean of Arts and Sciences, Carolyn H. Reynolds, at 276 523 7460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete a Virginia Application for Employment form available at http://jobs.virginia.gov and attach a resume, cover letter, and copy of transcripts. Please indicate position number on application.This is a continuous recruitment and/or multi-hire position.
MECC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Effective June 1, 2011, agencies in the Commonwealth of Virginia's Executive Branch will use the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.