The quality of performance in any academic course is reported by a letter grade. These grades denote the character of study and are assigned quality points as follows:
- A-Excellent 4 grade points per credit
- B-Good 3 grade points per credit
- C-Average 2 grade points per credit
- D-Poor 1 grade point per credit
- F-Failure 0 grade points per credit
The grades of A,B,C,D, P (pass) and S (satisfactory) are passing grades. Grades of F and U (unsatisfactory) are failing grades. Grades of R (re-enroll) and I (incomplete) are interim grades. Grades of W (withdrawal) and X (audit) are final grades and carry no credit.
For more information on MECC grading policies, including grade reporting, grade appeals, and academic standing, please refer to the MECC Academic Catalog and Student Handbook.