Business Management Curriculum & Requirements [PDF]
are essential to all organizations. Managers plan, organize, lead, and control activities to effectively and efficiently accomplish organizational goals.
Graduates in MECC’s Management program receive an Associate in Applied Science degree.
Job opportunities for managers are expected to grow by ten percent. Faster-than-average growth is expected in some occupational areas.
Employers want managers who:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate team-building and leadership abilities.
- Exercise initiative, self-discipline, and good judgment.
- Possess computer skills.
- Individuals who display leadership and team-building skills, self-confidence, motivation, and decisiveness become candidates for promotion.
- Large organizations often have career ladder programs.
Salaries of managers vary depending upon the level of responsibility, length of service,
and type and size of firm. Median salaries in retail and service occupations exceed $27,000, while median salaries in manufacturing approach $62,000.
You will find other MECC graduates at:
Black Diamond Savings Bank, Crutchfield, Lowe’s, Mountain Empire Community College, Quebecor Inc., Town of Big Stone Gap, Wallens Ridge State Prison, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, WSWV Radio Station