Mountain Empire Community College has an open door policy that encourages all students to further their educational interests. You are eligible for admission if you are:
- a high/home school graduate or GED recipient
- a transfer student from an accredited college or university
- a current student attending another higher education institution
- a non-high school graduate who is at least 18 years of age and can benefit from instruction
- a current high school or home school student at least 14 years of age who has received permission from the school and parents or legal guardians
- individuals below the age of 14 or below high school freshman may apply to the college for the special consideration for admittance which will require an interview with the parent and student
- International Applicants: For additional information about the process for international applicants please contact: Ms. Lena Grace, Mountain Empire Community College, 3441 Mountain Empire Road, Big Stone Gap, VA 24219 or 276-523-2400. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some programs have limited admission and do have additional academic or skill requirements. Please see the online college catalog or refer to a printed version of the catalog for information on specific programs. All students have the opportunity to prepare themselves to meet requirements for entry into any program they choose.
An application for admission can be obtained from Enrollment Services/Admission on campus, or can be downloaded from the admission forms web page. A complete new student packet can be obtained by calling (276) 523-7474.